Thursday, December 24, 2009

Lynette's Wedding

Lynette, one of four children of my mother's late sister took the plunge and tied the knot on Sunday the 20th of December! Lynette lives in Johannesburg, her father and lovely stepmother live in Zambia and her other three siblings live overseas. So as you can imagine, apart from the wedding being a special occasion, it was really special to see family that we have not seen in many years.

Lynette was more than 40 minutes late. Poor Mike looked so relieved when he finally saw his bride coming down the isle.

A touching moment as uncle Jan gave his 2nd daughter away

The Bridal Party
I love this photo of my dad & Lynette
This is also special as the bride's father (uncle Jan) is my godfather. We have always been very close!
Elsa, Lynette's sister, & myself have quite a collection of stories to tell from spending much time together growing up,
don't we Elsa? :D
Nicola, Lynette's youngest sister and twin to Frikkie got married earlier this year in March in Zimbabwe. I really enjoyed meeting her husband, also named Mike!

Frikkie, Nicola's twin brother is always up for a good laugh!Dad, Cristo, Mom & myself!

Lee (my soon to be sister in law) & Cristo!

1 comment:

Buckland said...

What a special time. And lovely photos too. :-)