Monday, November 30, 2009

Marking Centre Grrrrrrrr!

The High school has been cordoned off as it is being used as a Marking Centre. There are +/- 600 Markers and security is so tight, one can hardly breath! I even have a security guard posted a few feet away from my flat during the day!

This is the Pass which I need just to get to my flat. Apologies for the bad photo but I took it myself, that should explain everything!The lady who kindly came to fetch me for church yesterday, almost lost her sanctification!!! The guards refused point blank to allow her on to the premises to pick me up!!! She finally phoned me after she had made 3 trips between the two entrance gates and had explained a dozen times that I was disabled and unable to walk to the gate! I in turn phoned one of our male teachers and asked him to sort out the problem. I really don't blame the guards, after all, they are just doing their jobs. I am however annoyed with school management as I brought this potential problem to their attention a month ago and gave ideas for possible solutions but I was told that I had nothing to worry about!!!
Anyway, there is a light at the end of the tunnel:) I will be staying with Chris & Bev as from Thursday. My last day at work is next Monday. Thankfully, I seem to have a lift to Johannesburg next Tuesday where I will be staying with Gerhard and Christelle! On Friday the 11th I will be going to Glen and Antje until the 20th!!! Really, really looking forward to this trip.

No comments: