Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Krugersdorp Visit

 Well, at the end of February my job as PA came to an end.  I had to accept the fact that the job was not suitable for me and I was just not coping.
Earlier in February Pheobie, my adorable kitten was run over and killed, I was devastated!
Around that time I left my job, Liz and her dog, Charlie left Polokwane.  
The thought of not having a job and living in this huge house on my own was almost too overwhelming.

In the beginning of March I went down to Glen and Antje in Krugersdorp for 2 weeks.  Here I found rest and tremendous encouragement.  
This family is so dear to me, I thank the Lord with all my heart for them.

Rachel and Amanda were my very efficient photographers
 Couldn't believe how big the girls had become.
Eden is just too gorgeous.  
 She and myself had such a wonderful time together during my stay.

 Rachel, my gentle soul...
budding model,
 and comedian 
 Just like her father, had me in hysterics 

 As part of schooling, the girls are learning business ethics.  
They make and sell very yummy brownie pops.

The girls made brownie pops decorated with crosses for Easter, much more original and appropriate than the traditional chocolate Easter bunny.

Claire, a beautiful young Christian lady, staying with Glen & Antje while completing her metric year.
 
 Really enjoyed getting to know Claire

Claire with Zanie.  Zanie is doing her Year for Life at the church and helps the girls with running their brownie pop business every Thursday afternoon.

My little hug-a-bug 

 A lovely pic with all three special girls
Glad I have at least a couple of Amanda, I think she was the main photographer:)

 Rachel tried so hard to get a picture of her and myself but "Auntie Debs kept closing her eyes"

 Precious Eden xxx

My time in Krugersdorp was so special.  Everybody at the church embraced me a treated me as one of their own.  
This time was SO refreshing for me physically but especially spiritually. 


I LOVE YOU GUYS DEARLY

1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

Debbie, I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.