Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Bitter Pill To Swallow!

For about a month, I have been feeling really whacked to the point where I was falling asleep at my desk or even while talking to someone, my eyes just could not stay open. Shamefully, I had Sunday Lunch with Chris and Bev a couple of weeks ago and ended up sleeping a full 3 hours in their spare room! On top of the fatigue, I was struggling so with severe mouth ulcers, which as usual, results in a very poor appetite and so down the spiral went! Finally I went to see Mark, a Dr and one of the elders in the church who very kindly treats me. I was certain I had some kind of infection which was causing such severe fatigue. After giving me a good check over, he simply looked at me and told me that I was over exerting myself.
I found this very hard to believe and insisted on having blood tests done, which all came up clear, apart from an iron deficiency!!
Needless to say that apart from a weekly Cell group and my girls Bible study, I have cut out all other Bible studies and cut down on other commitments. I now try and keep my daily afternoon appointment with my bed!
I am already starting to feel better and have to admit that Mark may have been right after all!
God did not bless me with a half day job for nothing! I suppose my mind is so active that I often forget that this earthly body can't keep up! I must admit that it has been a humbling time!!!

As usual my church family have been absolutely wonderful! Shirley made a whole lot of vegetable juice with beetroot, spinach and carrots to try help with the deficiency!

No comments: