Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Fresh Start

The elders of Christ Baptist Church had decided to renovate part of the old hostel into a little flat for me.  They also decided to higher me at the church office.  So I went from being jobless and living alone in a 4 bedroom house for 3 months to living in a beautiful, quaint little flat surrounded by people I know and love. Working in an environment where people know me and my capabilities.
Though I am very thankful to the Lord for those 3 months of 90% isolation.  He taught me many things during this time.  He was and still is my companion.  I NEVER went to bed hungry.  During this time, I did not have any serious falls or threatening incidents.  Though the house is in full view to the main road, I was never exposed to any form of crime.

Bev helped me pack and on the 30th of  June so many people arrived to help move me.

Not only did they move me but they unpacked most of my belongings and set me up beautifully.

My mum and dad kindly came through to Polokwane that next weekend and did so much work in the flat.  They very kindly put up shelving, my bookshelf, pictures, bathroom curtains and so much more.

Mike and his assistants came and mounted my TV onto the wall last week Thursday.

My little kitchen is a totally separate room.  Kea and Debs unpacked and went to great effort to ensure that this room was setup in such a way that it is user friendly and comfortable.

So very thankful for my beautiful private bathroom, it even has a door! 
The bathroom in my previous flat was a little cubicle separated only by a curtain.  Needing to use the bathroom was always awkward when I had visitors (for myself as well as for my visitors).

We put all my plants outside, opposite this window so that I can enjoy them while sitting at the table.  My big plant trough is also here and I so look forward to getting some really nice plants for it in the summer.

A huge big 'THANK YOU' to every single one who made this transition possible.  
I am so very thankful.  I think few realize the great significance of this move.
May you all be blessed!
 


1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

A good testamony that God does take care of His own.
Just checking back for any new posts you may have written.
I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.