Thursday, April 7, 2011

Very Welcome Farm Floods & A Quick Update!

This awesome photo of our farm road was taken from outside my bedroom window on the morning that I was due to go back to Polokwane on January the 9th. I was due to start work on the 10th. We were seriously debating at to whether we should attempt driving through all this water. However, I had received word that my fridge in my flat had packed up. We had no choice but to navigate our way through the water and get to Polokwane in time for me to purchase and have a new fridge/freezer delivered before Game closed at 1pm . Though our drive from the farm through to Tzaneen was a real challenge, as all the bridges were flooded, we made it! We were quite amazed at how dry the roads were on the other side of Tzaneen and by God's grace, we made it to Polokwane in time to get a new fridge! The expense was rather "ouch" but thankfully, the Lord had graciously provided for this financially.

Our first two days back at work were record breaking. We banked over 1 million Rand in 2 days! We worked 12 hours for two days. Though very hectic, by God's grace, everything went relatively smoothly.



Unfortunately, the school has blocked access to all blogs so I am not able to do any posts. However, Liz has kindly given me her old dongle and once we have it activated, I will be able to once again, keep my blog up to date.


Really hard to think that we are already in the month of April, frightening to think how time flies. Much has happened in these past 4 months, unfortunately not all good. I lost my dear Tigger in February though even in this loss, God showed His amazing love. I was surrounded by the love of very close friends. Bev and Martin spent the whole of Friday with me. Liz and Martin accompanied me to the vet, very kindly buried Tigger in the Kents beautiful garden for me and then Martin cooked a delicious pasta for the three of us. I have been staying with Liz in the Kents old house since. The company has been wonderful and I have had the privelige of studying with Liz for her exams.

About a month ago I enjoyed a very short visit with the Thompsons and got to meet precious little Eden!


Hard to believe but once again, it is now school holidays! I am staying with the Wrens for this week before school starts again next week. As always, very well cared for in the Wrens home. During the school holidays, I continue working for the Brokers 4 hours a day doing basic admin work and really enjoying it.

No comments: