Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Christ is the Key

I have been having a very frustrating time with my Bible study girls! I officially have seven precious souls but they are only in Grade 9 and even though I have had them for over a year, they are just not committed. So with them being so inconsistent, I have found it very difficult to go through a book with them systematically.
Lately, for various reasons I have been waking up between 2 & 2:30am and that is it, my zzzzzzzz time is over and instead of sleeping, the grey matter kicks into overdrive! During one of my early morning mental marathons, I started wondering what to do with these girls and how better I could serve them. I remembered how I used object lessons when I gave Bible Study in the Home to intellectually impaired adults! These lessons were short but full of impact. I prepared my first object lesson but last week, only 2 girls pitched up 55 minutes late. I was very discouraged but our Faithful Lord gave me an idea and I suggested to the two girls that we should have a leader who would be responsible for ensuring that the girls remember Bible study, arrive on time or come and inform me when nobody is able to attend! This leader would also be responsible for praying for the other girls with me. They loved idea and I appointed the girl who is the least spiritually strongest out of the two to be the first leader.

Yesterday was the first Bible study with Kabelo as leader and I was amazed! I had FIVE girls and they were only 10min late.
The lesson went very well! I had a locked padlock and asked them to lock my gate (without giving them the key). The same with a can of tuna (without a can opener, they had to open the can for me as I needed it for my dinner). The gist: the padlock is useless without a key as is the reason for living without Christ. This was thickly coated in backup Scripture!
I pray that our Bible study has reached a positive turning point.

No comments: