Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Biggest Loser

When I returned from my trip to Jhb in December, I was HORRIFIED to see how much weight my angel with fur had put on! He weighed a whopping 8.1kg's!!!
What had happened was, he decided that he preferred the taste of my parent's cats food, who in turn took a liking to his food (which is special diet food for Gaul stones). So of course Tigger scored big time because not only did he have TWO plates of food to gobble up but my parent's cats get fed twice a day and Tigger only once. SO he was having TWO plates of food TWICE a day!!! He really did have feast of a holiday while I was away!
When I returned, I immediately made it my mission to get Tigger's weight down again (not an easy task)! I fed him his portion bit by bit throughout the day to ensure that the hunger pains wouldn't be too overwhelming for him. I picked the other cats food up during the day while the were outside. I basically just ensured that the right cat ate the right food and in just 16 days, Tigger had lost 700 grams, The following picture is just to give you an idea:
I am not sure what he weighs now as we are back in Polokwane and I am not able to weigh him myself, but I am pretty sure it is not more than 7kg's!

No comments: